Cancellation and Amendment Terms for:
1. Hotel Only Bookings
Other Travel Arrangements
1. These terms govern all bookings made (either through Panorama Tours & Travel GmbH web site or otherwise) with Panorama Tours & Travel GmbH ("Panorama Tours & Travel").
All correspondence should be addressed to Panorama Tours & Travel GmbH, Schrannengasse 2/2, A-5020 Salzburg, Austria.
By accepting these booking terms you are accepting them on behalf of all members of your party.
2. Any bookings made or orders placed by you shall be deemed to be an offer by you to purchase the relevant hotel accommodation subject to these booking conditions. No contract between you and Panorama Tours & Travel shall come into existence until Panorama Tours & Travel
a. issues a booking reference number;
b. issues a booking confirmation by email, fax or post; and
c. receives payment in full.
3. Payment in full is required at the time of booking. Payment should be made through Panorama Tours & Travel web site by credit or debit card. You agree to be financially responsible for all transactions made through Panorama Tours & Travel, including room charges, taxes, duties and fees in connection with a booking. Where Panorama Tours & Travel is unable to confirm the initial requested hotel an alternative may be provided and an email notification will be sent to informing you of the details. The reservation will be held for 48 hours in order for you to confirm acceptance by making payment in full. If payment has not been made within 48 hours of notification the reservation will be automatically cancelled.
Prices are shown in the currency requested with rates of exchange calculated on a daily basis. Prices may therefore differ on a daily basis to reflect any movement in exchange rate levels. When a booking is made the exchange rate will be fixed at the time the booking is created and will apply to any amendments or cancellations to items within the booking or to any items added subsequently. Exchange rates are determined by Panorama Tours & Travel.
4. Bookings or changes to bookings will not be accepted less than 72 hours prior to the date of arrival, unless the rooms requested are shown as "Immediate" availability.
Star ratings are used to symbolize the overall quality, level of service, food standard and range of facilities available in any given property. The criteria applied within each country will vary depending on the specific requirements established by the relevant issuing body but the outlines below will give a general understanding of what can typically be expected within each category: (THESE RATINGS ARE FOR GUIDANCE PURPOSES ONLY AND ARE NOT A GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND BY PANORAMA TOURS & TRAVEL.)
Some of the properties offered will be small and independently owned. There is likely to be a limited range of meals and facilities.
The room types used by Panorama Tours & Travel are as follows:
Accommodation for two adults in a room with two beds. Bed sizes for this room type are usually "twin" or "full" in European hotels. ("Austrian Twin", this term normally refers to two separate mattresses within one bed frame.)
Accommodation for two adults in a room with one bed. Bed sizes for this room type are usually "queen" in European hotels. ("Austrian Double", this term normally refers to a bed with one double mattress.)
Accommodation for one adult in a room with one bed. Bed sizes for this room type are usually "twin" or "full" in European hotels.
Accommodation for three adults in a room with two or three beds. Bed sizes and arrangements for this room type are usually three "twins" in European hotels.
Twin for single use
Accommodation for one adult in a room with one bed. Bed sizes for this room type are usually "queen" in European hotels and "king" in American, Asian, and Australian hotels.
Multi bed room
Accommodation for four adults in a room with two or four beds. Bed sizes and arrangements for this room type are usually four "twins" in European hotels.
Twin/Double + Child bed
Twin or Double room with an extra bed suitable for a child aged between 2- 18 years. Most hotels have rooms that will take an extra bed if required. These extra beds may be bunk beds, fold-away beds or sofa beds. For your guidance, rooms that will take more than one extra bed are indicated on the price panel. Where an extra bed is added this may limit the space available.
Suitable for a child under the age of 2 years. These must be requested at the time of booking and payment made directly to the hotel.
When annexes are used, these may be directly owned and controlled by the hotel or contracted in private homes. They will be within walking distance of the hotel.
Please note that in some properties, lifts may not directly service all floors & access to and from these floors may be by stairway only.
Payment for extras (such as incidental charges, cots, meals, meal supplements, mini-bar, dry cleaning and laundry) must be made by you directly, prior to your departure from the hotel.
5. Panorama Tours & Travel does not endorse or recommend any particular hotels. Reasonable care has been taken that the content of this web site is correct but it is subject to amendment at any time without notice. All content on this web site is published in good faith but YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PANORAMA TOURS & TRAVEL, AS A BOOKING AGENT, CANNOT FULLY CHECK AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OF ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY HOTELS. Panorama Tours & Travel does not have access to complete room availability records at each hotel. If a hotel does not have rooms available for immediate booking through Panorama Tours & Travel, then our allocation of rooms at the contracted rate may be sold out.
6. You confirm that you are at least 18 years of age. All bookings are personal to you and may not be sold, assigned or otherwise transferred.
7. Our privacy statement and site terms are incorporated into these terms.
8. Passport, visa and health requirements for you and your party are your responsibility. You are strongly recommended to obtain travel insurance against cancellation and for medical coverage.
9. Cancellations and amendments to confirmed bookings are subject to the following conditions.
A cooling off period of 24 hours will apply to those bookings made more than 72 hours in advance of the arrival date at the hotel. This will allow cancellation or amendment of an item within the 24-hour period after the first confirmation of that item without any charges being applied.
The 24 hour cooling-off period is not valid for bookings made during Fair and Exhibition periods.
- a. During Fair/Exhibition periods -#CUSTOMERS WILL BE NOTIFIED AT THE TIME OF BOOKING IF FAIR/ EXHIBITIONS DATES ARE PRESENT AND THAT THE FOLLOWING SPECIAL CONDITIONS WILL APPLY#
100% cancellation charges will apply to dates of stay falling within a Fair or Exhibition period. For dates of stay within the same booking, not falling within the Fair period, our standard non-Fair period cancellation and amendment conditions will apply.
Any changes or modifications for dates of stay falling within a Fair or Exhibition period will be treated as cancellations and will incur charges as above. The only exceptions to this will be where additional rooms/beds/cots /nights are added to existing confirmed rooms or nights.
- b. During non-Fair/Exhibition periods - Cancellation charges will be applied in relation to the notice period between notification of cancellation and the arrival date of stay at EACH hotel within a booking.
Amendments and changes where EITHER the number of rooms (irrespective of room type) OR the number of nights decreases will be charged as below :
Notice period Charges
0-72 hours prior to date of arrival – the full charge for the first nights accommodation 72hrs - 1 week prior to date of arrival - the lesser of
a) € 40.00 or
b) the charge for the first nights accommodation.
1 week - 3 months prior to date of arrival - the lesser of
a) € 20.00 or
b) the charge for the first nights accommodation. More than 3 months prior to date of arrival - No charges.
0-72 hours prior to date of arrival - the lesser of
a) € 40.00 or
b) the full charge for the first nights accommodation.
More than 72 hours prior to date of arrival - the lesser of
a) € 12.00 or
b) the full charge for the first nights accommodation.
Passenger name changes or child age changes will incur no charges. All amendments are subject to availability.
If you do not arrive at the accommodation on the date on which you booked to arrive or you leave the accommodation earlier than the date on which you booked to leave, then you will only be entitled to cancel or amend the booking from the time when Panorama Tours & Travel receives notification from you during Panorama Tours & Travel normal working hours. All such cancellations and amendments are subject to you incurring the charge for the next twenty-four hours accommodation after Panorama Tours & Travel receipt of notification.
Cancellations notified directly to the hotel will not be accepted. Requests for cancellations and amendments must be made on the Panorama Tours & Travel web site. All requests for a refund must be received in writing with supporting documents within 30 days of the completion of your trip.
For other travel arrangements:
Where Special conditions are attached to any Tours you will be informed at the time of booking of the relevant cancellation conditions which will apply.
For Tours without Special conditions cancellation charges will be applied in relation to the notice period between notification of cancellation and the date the service is due to commence
Cancellations and Amendments
Notice period Charges
0-72 hours prior to date of tour start - 100% charges
More than 72 hours prior to date of tour start - € 20,00
Amendments will only be charged at 100% where the number of clients decreases.
Private Transfers and Tailor-Made Sightseeing Tours
If you are travelling with a baby, infant or a small child it is your responsibility to ensure that you bring with you, as well as fit, the correct child /infant seat for use in your booked vehicle. Failure to do this could result in your service not taking place with no refund possible.
Where special conditions are attached to any Tours you will be informed at the time of booking of the relevant cancellation conditions which will apply.
For Tours without special conditions cancellation charges will be applied in relation to the notice period between notification of cancellation and the date the service is due to commence.
Cancellations and Amendments
Notice period Charges
0-96 hours prior to date of tour start - 100% charges
More than 96 hours prior to date of tour start - € 20,00
Amendments will only be charged at 100% where the number of clients decreases.
Important Information for Sightseeing Tours - Tips are not included.
These are at your discretion. Children which travel free of charge are not entitled to meals and must be carried on the lap of an accompanying adult. Suppliers of sightseeing tours reserve the right to ask any person or persons to withdraw from any tour if they deem their acts or conduct offensive or a nuisance to other passengers and there shall be no further liability. Suppliers of sightseeing tours decline any responsibility for articles forgotten or lost in their vehicles. Pick up times from hotels and duration of all tours are approximate and may be subject to traffic conditions. Where hotel pick-up is offered, suppliers will pick up from the majority of major hotels in the city, but not necessarily from all hotels. If the supplier is unable to pick you up from your requested hotel, an alternative pick-up point will be suggested. Suppliers of sightseeing tours reserve the right to alter the itinerary or to cancel the tours at short or no notice for any reason. Where it is necessary to cancel the tour, you will be offered at least one of the following options:
- To join the requested tour at an alternative time or at an alternative date.- To join an alternative tour. - To receive a full refund from Panorama Tours & Travel GmbH.
10. Price Promise
In order to claim a refund of the difference between the price agreed with Panorama Tours & Travel and the more competitive price the Customer must satisfy the following:
- a. The refund must be claimed within 48 hours of the time of booking with Panorama Tours & Travel and at least 72 hours prior to the date of the first nights stay.
- b. Only prices from online travel retailers will be matched.
- c. Panorama Tours & Travel Fair and Exhibition periods are excluded.
- d. Panorama Tours & Travel must be able to verify the claim to their reasonable satisfaction;
- e. The claim must be based on a like for like comparison of the same type of room and occupancy in the same hotel, the same services as those offered by Panorama Tours & Travel (e.g. inclusive of service charges, taxes and breakfast) and be for the same dates as actually booked;
- f. The accommodation at the lower price must be available immediately by an online booking to the customer. “On Request” rooms are excluded.
- g. The accommodation at the lower price must not be a special offer price, discounted due to frequent flyer mileage credits, a promotional price or part of a package.
- h. The accommodation at the lower price must be offered in the same currency as that of the booking with Panorama Tours & Travel.
- i. This Policy does not apply to bookings for groups of more than nine (9) people.
11. Any complaint regarding the hotel must be brought to the attention of the hotel management as early as possible during your stay and, if not resolved to your satisfaction, should be notified to Panorama Tours & Travel in writing.
12. Although Panorama Tours & Travel takes reasonable care to ensure that published descriptions are correct, it is only a booking agent service and does not own or operate hotels. PANORAMA TOURS & TRAVEL ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE DESCRIPTION OF HOTELS ON THE WEB SITE. Panorama Tours & Travel reserves the right to change your hotel booking to one of at least comparable standard and to notify you of such change as soon as possible after it occurs. No compensation is payable for such changes. In extreme circumstances Panorama Tours & Travel may be forced to cancel your booking in which case you will be notified of such change as soon as possible, a full and prompt refund will be made and Panorama Tours & Travel will not be under any further liability to you or your party. Panorama Tours & Travel endeavours to ensure that discount vouchers issued are always redeemable, however we allow our supplier partners to change the terms of these vouchers or withdraw them without notice at any time. This rarely happens and whilst the discount should be available it cannot therefore be guaranteed.
13. Panorama Tours & Travel shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance of its obligations which results directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance which is beyond their reasonable control. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as such circumstances: acts of God, outbreak of hostilities, riot, war, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, nuclear disaster, revolution, the act of any governmental authority or agency (including but not limited to refusal or revocation of any license or consent), fire, flood, lightning, explosion, fog or bad weather, sickness, pilferage, breakdown of machinery, interruption or failure of a utility service (including but not limited to electricity, gas, water or telecommunications), renovations undertaken by the hotel, labor disputes, strikes, lockouts or boycotts, embargo, blockade.
14.Panorama Tours & Travel assumes no responsibility for, and shall not be liable for damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in this site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the site. IN NO EVENT SHALL PANORAMA TOURS & TRAVEL OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OR DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS) WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISE OUT OF OR IS ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (1) ANY USE OF THIS SITE OR CONTENT FOUND HEREIN, (2) ANY FAILURE OR DELAY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY COMPONENT OF THIS SITE FOR RESERVATIONS OR TICKETING, OR (3) THE PERFORMANCE OR NONPERFORMANCE BY PANORAMA TOURS & TRAVEL OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER OR DISTRIBUTOR. PANORAMA TOURS & TRAVEL DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
15. PANORAMA TOURS & TRAVEL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INJURY, DAMAGE, LOSS, ACCIDENT, EXPENSE, DELAY OR IRREGULARITY DUE TO ACTS OF OR DEFAULT BY ANY HOTEL, CARRIER OR OTHER COMPANY OR PERSON PROVIDING OR RENDERING SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE BOOKING.
16. You agree that in the event of a claim, Panorama Tours & Travel liability to you is limited to a maximum of
(a) EUR 1,000.00 or
(b) twice the total value of the booking made with Panorama Tours & Travel GmbH.
17. If Panorama Tours & Travel GmbH takes any action against you to enforce its rights under these booking terms, it will be entitled to recover the costs from you, and you agree to pay, all reasonable and necessary attorneys’ fees and any other costs of litigation, in addition to any other relief, at law or in equity, to which Panorama Tours & Travel may be entitled. The place of jurisdiction is Salzburg.
18. If any provision here of is held invalid, the balance will remain effective, and to the extent feasible the offending provision will be restated to give effect to its stated intent.
19. Panorama Tours & Travel GmbH reserves the right to change these terms from time to time.
20. The booking confirmation and these terms represent the entire agreement between Panorama Tours & Travel and you. You confirm that you have not entered into this contract with Panorama Tours & Travel on the basis of any representation not expressly incorporated into these documents.
21. Information about our programmes (including prices and travel details) may be featured on other websites operated by travel agents and other organisations. Please note that we do not accept responsibility or liability for any advice given to you on any website which is not operated and maintained by ourselves.
We recommend that before booking your holiday you check our website for the most up-to-date information in relation to the holiday you have chosen. Only confirmed bookings can be made on-line, we do not give options on our on-line service.
22. Special Requests
If you have a special request please indicate so at the time of booking and we will pass these on to the hotel. We must point out that these requests cannot be guaranteed and any costs are payable locally.
We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to terminate without notice and liability the holiday arrangements of any person whose behaviour is such that it is likely, in our reasonable opinion, or that of any accommodation owner or manager or other person in authority, to cause distress, danger, damage, or annoyance to other customers, employees, property or to any third party. If any person or persons are prevented from travelling because in the opinion of any person in authority they appear unfit to travel or likely to cause discomfort or disturbance to the customers or passengers, our responsibility for the person or persons holiday will then cease. In all cases full cancellation charges apply and we will be under no obligation whatsoever for any cost incurred.
24. Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure and we have not agreed to arrange them.
25. eBrochure Accuracy
Both our paper and e-brochures are prepared many months in advance and although every effort is made to ensure complete accuracy, it is inevitable that some of the prices or details shown on this website may have changed since the brochure was posted on-line. We will inform you of any changes of which we become aware. However, we do limit the advice to what we feel is an important part of our contract or which we feel will greatly affect the enjoyment of your holiday.
To enable us to fulfil this, we would ask you to advise us of any particular facilities that are important to you at time of booking your holiday. Some facilities and excursions may not be available at certain times due to poor weather.
Many pictures are included for their pleasantness and general relevance. Pictures that refer to specific hotels or features are captioned as such.
Passengers travelling with special needs:
If any member of your party is travelling with a wheelchair or requires any other special facilities, please do not hesitate to contact us to confirm that any special requirements are possible.
In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements we need to use the information you provide such as name, address. We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. We must pass the information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as hotels and transport companies. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them, or as required by law.
Additionally, where your holiday is outside the European Economic Area (EEA), controls on data protection in your destination may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. We will not, however, pass any information onto any person not responsible for part of your travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary/religious requirements. (If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we cannot provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons.) We will confirm the details we hold about you on request.
We do not share any information with third parties, but we would like to hold your information, where collected by us, for our own future marketing purposes (for example to inform you of promotional offers or to send you our brochures). If you do not wish to receive such approaches in the future, please inform us as soon as possible.
You must take out the travel insurance described on this website or another policy of insurance providing equal or greater cover under all sections. The most important purpose of the policy is to cover you for cancellation charges and the cost of assistance, including repatriation, should you have an accident or become ill or if your return journey is delayed.
Our staff are not qualified to advise you in detail about insurance cover and any specific queries should be addressed to an insurance broker.
GENERAL INFORMATION - PLANNING YOUR HOLIDAY
1. Safety Standards
Safety standards may vary from country to country and may not reach the same level of those enjoyed by you in your home country, although all properties comply with applicable local and/or national health and safety laws, etc. Monitoring and enforcement of such are subject to the regulations of each country. We therefore advise clients to take all reasonable precautions whilst on holiday and, in particular, to familiarise yourself with fire escape routes.
2. Resort Development and Noise
If we learn of building works close to your accommodation that may affect the enjoyment of your holiday, we will do our best to advise you prior to your departure.
We would urge you to study the resort and hotel descriptions carefully to identify sources of noise which exist or might expect to exist, i.e., roads, bars, discos, etc. However, it is impossible to predict noise created by individuals, machinery or traffic, i.e. temporary noise disturbances.