The Real Story
Years after the film
- Rupert (born in 1911) practiced as a medical doctor until the mid-80s and died at the age of 80. He had six children.
- Agathe (born in 1913) lived near Baltimore, Maryland and was working for a kindergarden. She died at the age of 97 years in December 2010.
- After 27 years of missionary work in New Guinea, Maria (born in 1914) lived in Stowe, Vermont, she passed away on February 18th, 2014.
- Werner (born in 1915) became a famer and has six children. He lived in Waitsfield, Vermont and died in October 2007.
- Hedwig (born in 1917) worked at the lodge until her death in 1972.
- Johanna (born in 1919) married in 1948 and left America to return to her homeland Austria. She lived in Vienna until her death in 1994 and had six children.
- Martina (born in 1921) stayed with her family until she married in 1949. She died in childbirth in 1951.
- Rosemarie (born in 1929) died at the age of 93 in Stowe, Vermont
- Eleonore (born in 1931) stopped singing in 1952, got married in 1954 and raised seven children. She died on 17 October 2021.
- Johannes Georg (born in 1939) graduated from Dartmouth, has a master's degree in forestry (Yale) and is now president of the Trapp Family Lodge. He has two children.